Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ok folks, here it is short and sweet. I will be in the hospital starting Thursday for 4-5 days. My surgery is at 12 noon on Thursday, July 24th. It will take 4-5 hours and then I will be in the intensive care unit after that until the next day. Anyone who might come visit me would be very welcome. The waiting room is on the 5th floor. I don't know what condition I'll be in Thursday night, but I wouldn't mind seeing a familiar face. Friday and on, come entertain me!

Kaiser Permanente Hospital
2425 Geary Blvd 
415-833-2000
There are cheap public parking garages on O'Farrell and on Geary, between the hospital and Divisadero.

This surgery, well, it's more than I want to admit, just google thoracotomy, so anyone who wants to come help take care of me at home is more than welcome. I'm sure Jen will appreciate it also. I just don't know what to tell you I might need.
Jen's cell phone: 415-517-9659
Jen's and Robert's home phone: 415-333-6092

I remember cutting the top of my toe off over a beer (or two) and a sharp rock at the Grand Tetons. I was so sad at being so stupid... had I lessened my experience of such a grand place?! I spent the next day floating in a canoe, looking at ripples of mineral sands in the glacial clear water of Jenny Lake, reflections of sky and mountains. The next day I put on an extra thick pair of socks and some river sandals (shoes pressed toe, made big pain) and hiked 4000 ft to see the remains of Teton's glaciers.
You never know how things will turn, how you will handle that turn, but they do and you do and time keeps going.
Scott

No comments: